Upcycling Project: Ikat Chair!

 

A beautiful little chair and it only cost me a dollar!

Someone put this cute wooden chair out on the sidewalk the other day! Sorry, I don't have a "before" picture (DAMN!), but I thought I'd document the fixing up anyway.


First, I unscrewed and removed the pad, cleaned the chair off with a damp cloth, and painted the wooden parts with KILZ primer. That stuff is awesome. I didn't even have to sand - just painted right over the sealant that was already on there.

(Incidentally, I cleaned the chair off with a cloth diaper soaked in warm soapy water. Cloth diapers are AWESOME for cleaning. And that, IMO, is their ONLY reasonable purpose.)




KILZ!
I picked up this beautiful ikat indoor/outdoor upholstery fabric at the Animal Humane thrift store for a dollar that VERY SAME DAY! THE UNIVERSE KNEW!!! I love the indoor/outdoor fabric because it doesn't fade as quickly and it's very durable. Perfect for a house with a kid in it.




I stretched the fabric over the pad, leaving the old fabric on, and stapled the F out of it. I love my heavy-duty upholstery stapler. It makes me feel like a grown-up lady!


Lovely stapler.



Nice!
Then I gave the chair two coats of black enamel paint.



Attached the chair pad...




And VOILA! Here she is all beautiful in my house!




No comments:

Post a Comment