Hangover Cure Part 1: The Tea

No.
Well, okay. Maybe not a "Cure" but something to help you get up and go about your business.

Now, I know all you Bohemian Beauties are very demure and have a difficult time consuming more than one white wine spritzer without becoming dozy. But for those times when you've had a drop too much, here's a regimen that will help you get back to your petite little flower of a self.

My credentials: I no longer partake of the golden deliciousness of alcoholic beverages. But I lived in New Orleans for many years, and believe me, I know about some hangovers. Every year, on the day after Mardi Gras I had to get up at the crack of dawn (3:00 p.m.) and attempt to get my ass to work. For those of you who’ve ever been to Mardi Gras, you know that Ash Wednesday’s ills defy description. Here’s how I did it:

 

The Regimen

Yes
The objectives are: raise your spirits, calm the stomach, wake your body up, and detox quickly.
  • Hangover Tea
  • Shower with Stimulating Bath Salts
  • Wake Up/Feel Good oil
  • Hangover Belly Rub oil
  • Multi-Vitamins

 


 

 

 

The Tea

I learned my lesson (back in the day) and kept a big jar of this hangover remedy tea in my cupboard for emergencies. It’s pure hell trying to concoct a blended tea when you can barely see straight and the cacophony of dried herbs hitting the cup is too much for your poor head to bear. So make up a bunch now and keep it on hand.

Peppermint EO: Kleinsasserfamily essential oils on Etsy


One ounce of each of the following herbs:
  
Hops, Golden Seal, Peppermint, Chamomile.

Steep a cup of the herb mixture in a quart of water. Add the juice of one or two (preferably organic) lemons. Drink the whole thing throughout the day, or throughout whatever time you have to become un-hungover. The day after Mardi Gras I would drink a whole quart in an hour. None of these herbs will hurt you. You can drink 2 or 3 quarts of the stuff and it can only do you good.



Benefits of the Tea

Hops (Humulus lupulus):calming, anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, calms stomach

Golden Seal (Hydrastis canadensis): detoxifying, great for liver, soothes irritated mucus membranes, calms stomach

Peppermint (Mentha piperita): ANTI-NAUSEA!!!! detoxifying, calms stomach

German Chamomile (Matricaria recutita): calming, soothing, boosts immune system, euphoriant in large doses

Fresh lemon: detoxifying, good for liver, aids digestion, soothes bloating, anti-nausea







MIRI