Hair Regrowth Journey: 4 Months In


Hi Beauties! 

I'm editing this post to reflect the results, so no-one is operating under any illusions here. This regime did not end up working for me. I suspect a few things: perhaps the clogged follicles are not actually an issue for me; the salicylic acid may have caused my hair to become brittle and fall out and break easier; the soapnuts shampoo damaged my hair.



I'm not sure what it is, but here's a link to the conclusions.

With that caveat, please feel free to read this entire post! This regime may help you if you are indeed suffering from clogged scalp follicles.
 _______________________

Four months in. I'm getting a little discouraged!!!

Here's my regime: 

 

See this post for a full description and the theory behind these treatments!

My part still looks smaller than it did before, and maybe my temples are filling in, but I'm wishing it was working better. I may be up against a wall here. It's been four months and there has not been a dramatic difference. I'm going to keep going because I said I would, but I have sads! 

What do you guys think???

Left Column = before (March 23, 2013)
Center Left Column = April 22, 2013 
Center Right Column = May 24, 2013
Right Column = Now (July 17, 2013)











10 comments:

  1. I can definately see improvement especially at the crown and the parting, Dont be discouraged slow and steady wins the race :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Azra! I'm becoming quite discouraged, actually... :(

      Delete
  2. I know this post is a month old but I wanted to put my two cents in. I have hair loss exactly like you and it turned out I was very low in vitamin d. I was put on prescription level D3 for 8 weeks and am now on 4000 units daily for life. I started to feel stubble growth a few months after I started recovery. My hair will start to fall out again if I forget to take my d3 for a week or two. It's now almost 2 years and I have a very full head of hair again. I am native american, spend hours outside (Oregon outside not sunny California outside) and I eat right. I never thought I could be deficient, how wrong I was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaya, I'm going to take this to heart. My doc keeps trying to get me on D and I've been too lazy! Now I have a good reason... my outward appearance! How crazy is that? Anything that motivates, I suppose, is a good thing! :)

      Delete
  3. Your hair definitely looks healthy and shines! Im 26 and I used to have amazing thick long hair when I was in my teens. Something about moving from a a different country (Pakistan) to the US had a negative effect on my hair and it has been thinning since. Already went to the doc and I'm not deficient in anything. It may be genetics for me =( . I shall still try your method. I did read that SA can strip your skin of oils which can cause excessive oil production. The alternative I've read of is Apple Cider Vinegar, with Mother in it. Have you looked into this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faiza! So sorry to hear about your hair loss. It's a very emotional thing, isn't it? I use vinegar in my hair rinse, and I'm pretty sure that's what gives it shine. What's mother?

      Delete
    2. It is definitely a very emotional thing and I think that you are very brave for doing this for all of us! The "Mother" is basically the undistilled raw organic apple cider vinegar. Did you actually get your stands and scalp tested to find out the reason? For me it seems like a mixture of stress, some dietary and definitely hereditary, mother and father both. It is definitely disheartening, especially when you go out with friends and family and they have seen me go through this phase by phase. It becomes worse when they come up to me and say "why don't you do something about it". I am really hoping that this works for you! we are all rooting for this work! ( talk about pressure hehe ) =)

      Delete
    3. Hey Faiza! I got tested about four years ago and they found nothing that would cause hair loss. My doctor was convinced it was post-natal hormones, and I'm inclined to agree. But it's been FIVE YEARS ALREADY!!! Honestly, I'm getting very discouraged. It's starting to look even worse now. I'll post about it soon...

      :(

      Delete
  4. Hey miri, (: I know this post was a while ago but I just wanted to say thank you!! I'm recovering from an eating disorder and I lost some hair while in relapse, plus my hair got really brittle for a while, and now I'm trying to get back the thickness and shine I had before hand. It's supposed to come back with time but it hasn't and so I hope that your hair regimen works for me! My only concern is that I'm in college, a little bit broker than most and don't have a ton of time in the mornings. But I'm gonna give it a shot anyways (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicky! Congrats on your recovery, lady!!! I'm going to do an update post on Saturday with some more suggestions, so stop by if you can.

      Delete