Hair Treatment: Hot Hemp Oil

Hot hemp! Sounds therapeutic, doesn't it?

I thought I'd try a little experiment with hemp oil last night, based on the hot oil treatments we used to do on our hair in the 80s. Do they still do those? I've seen them at Sally's, but you don't hear as much about them anymore.



Since hemp increases linoleic acid content in sebum, I thought it would be a great choice for a hair treatment. As my long-time readers know from my various rants on the subject,  my hair is very thin since I gave birth to my son. This is a very common hormonal reaction, but us older folk have a harder time growing it back. It's been four years now, and it's doing better... still thin, but better and healthier since I've been going the all-natural route.

Linoleic acid makes for a looser, flowier sebum. If you have a deficiency in linoleic acid, your sebum will consist mainly of oleic acid, which is thicker and stickier, resulting in clogged pores. On your head, this can cause dandruff and other kinds of buildup, and clogged hair follicles, resulting in stunted hair growth. Jojoba oil is a common remedy for clogged hair follicles, but it never worked very well for me. I think hemp, since it's the highest in linoleic acid of all the oils, would work better. It really cleared my face of clogged pores and closed comedones, it cured my son's cradle cap, and I think it's the bomb!


My recipe:

2 tblspns hemp oil
6 drops rosemary essential oil

I mixed them together in a pyrex cup and microwaved it for 30 seconds. It was warm, but not too hot to touch. I wet my hair with warm water, towel dried it, massaged the oil into my hair starting at the scalp, and tied a plastic bag around my head. I rubbed what was left of the mixture into my son's hair (which was dry), despite his flailing.

After an hour, I washed my hair three times, rinsed it with white vinegar diluted in filtered water, and rinsed it well with warm water. I washed his hair once, used the vinegar rinse, and then rinsed him off with plain water.

That was last night.

This morning we both looked like we'd slept in a garage.

I went running to Crunchy Betty. She did a two-part series on hot oil treatments with some excellent information and great comments.

http://www.crunchybetty.com/the-secrets-to-a-phenomenal-hot-oil-hair-treatment-part-1-creating 
http://www.crunchybetty.com/the-secrets-to-a-phenomenal-hot-oil-hair-treatment-part-2-indulging

A couple commenters suggested using honey and baking soda. After my no-poo baking soda debacle, I decided to go with the honey. I wet my hair, applied a couple handfuls of raw, local, unfiltered honey, massaged it in, shampooed (with my organic shampoo bar), rinsed with vinegar/water, and rinsed again with plain water. My hair was still covered in oil. I pulled it back in a bun. I just let him go to preschool with his oily curls standing straight up on his head because I'm such a great mom. Plus he thought it looked awesome.

After work, I tried an emulsifier. Nothing turned up on the internet about lecithin for getting oil off your head, so I'm winging it here. There are a lot of claims that it promotes hair growth, so that's a plus, right? Encouraged.

MIRI

7 comments:

  1. My Son whom was diagnosed with Leukemia cancer has just been cured with Rick Simpson cannabis oil after 4 months of treatment with his Cannabis oil medication. So much thanks to Rick Simpson cannabis oil that we bought at: ricksimson.oil.cancer.cure@gmail.com, the Hemp oil was successfully used in curing my Son Leukemia cancer within 4 months as stated in instructions My Son is now a living witness and am testify to the greatness of natural remedies to cure cancer. All hope is never lost now that you have Rick Simpson involve and not the big Pharmaceutical anymore.
    Unquenchable appreciation and gratitude from my family is going to Rick Simpson for his wonderful Hemp Oil that saved my Son from dying of Leukemia cancer.
    Thanks and stop cancer with Rick Simpson Cannabis oil and also inform your love ones about this great opportunity of peace from cancer.
    you can contact for your medication at: ricksimson.oil.cancer.cure@gmail.com
    now we have a family with a great health and unlimited grace in life with the help of Rick Simpson medicine services to my Son Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the exciting blog posting! I am really impressed to know the quality of Hemp Oil I actually added your blog to my favorites and will look forward for more updates. Great Job, Keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  3. We already lost hope, the report came that my husband cannot go for more Chemo anymore. But after so many research online, I gained a lot about the cannabis oil that i bought from Dr. Ejiro whose contact I got online on reading a testimony about his past works and glory, The medication was delivered to me within 24 hours by the UPS delivery service after procurement. My husband completed his treatment with this cannabis oil, unquenchable joy to all as my husband is cured of his stage 4 lungs cancer within 90 days of treatment. Thanks to Dr Ejiro, today i acknowledge the greatness of cannabis oil and to those that wish to purchase the medication contact Dr. Ejiro at: ejiroherbalcure@gmail.com

    Cannabis Oil is the right medication for all type of cancer diseases, contact ejiroherbalcure@gmail.com for 100% pure cannabis oil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm appreciation to Dr. rick simpson for curing my Breast cancer with cannabis oil. I really appreciate your help in bring back my lost life with the help of his high quality Cannabis Oil, i am so grateful to you Dr for all the love and concern that you showed me and i would keep on giving my testimony about your Cannabis oil and how is cures Cancer within 90 days of treatment. it just like a Miracle that has happened to me with full recovery from cancer and i am free from Cancer. Thanks be to God Almighty for sending you my way Dr, i hope and know that you would keep on putting smiles on world at large with this great medication. email:rickcancercure@gmail.com for all solution to cancer and other diseases. Those facing health challenges should go for cannabis oil to ensure the absolute cure of all kinds of cancerous diseases. For hopes and help, kindly contact Dr.rick simpson for full knowledge about the medication and Services to you. Dr. email:rickcancercure@gmail.com for all solution to cancer and other diseases.

    Julie Fred
    U.S.A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post.......Hemp oil or hempseed oil is obtained by pressing hemp seeds. Cold pressed, unrefined hemp oil is dark to clear light green in color, with a nutty flavour. The darker the color, the grassier the flavour.where to buy hemp oil for cancer

    ReplyDelete

  6. My son have been suffering from leukemia and i have tried many other medications and it did not work. My in law who works in the clinic told me about cannabis oil and its curing effect. I purchased the cannabis oil from London by emailing londoncancercentre@gmail.com and they gave me instructions on how to use the cannabis oil for the treatment of leukemia. After using the oil for the duration of time given, my son was totally free from leukemia but i was advised that he should continue to take the oil for some time to maintain good health and restore the memory completely. I am so happy now that my son is free from leukemia and if anyone are suffering from leukemia, cannabis oil is the only natural remedy to leukemia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CANNABIS OIL CURED MY HUSBAND STOMACH CANCER

    My husband Reuben has been suffering from stomach cancer which was confirmed to be stage 4 and the doctor told me there was little she could do since he was not responding to treatment after many rounds of chemotherapy. We were helpless and in pain. I cannot watch my husband die.I started researching for alternative natural treatment and a friend in America told me about the cannabis oil and how it cured her father in law lung cancer. I was inform to contact Medicinal Marijuana Resources through email info@medicinalmarijuanaresources.com to get the cannabis oil. I obtain the cannabis oil and my husband started using it for treatment as directed. It was easy to dose and it worked effectively. My husband stomach cancer and pain was gone and we were surprised. We went for scan to be sure and it was proven by the doctor that there is no cancer cells and my husband is very healthy and free from cancer. I felt its necessary I let others who are suffering from this acute disease that once you have a cannabis oil it can give a second chance of living.

    ReplyDelete