Indoor Photo Shoot with Lacey Walker

white wool cowl

I've been doing a lot more photo shoots with models lately (as opposed to the manequin) because the shop needs a more engaging look, I think. This week I worked with Lacey Walker, a stunning young lady who works A LOT in Albuquerque. I can see why. She is really amazing. She showed up with her sister for company, and was ready to shoot.


*I'm going to note here that my house is absolute CHAOS on the weekends. We had two crazy, barky dogs (in-your-face friendly); a boyfriend (helpful and lovely); and not one but TWO six-year olds (my son and his friend) all in my 750-sq-ft house. It was almost impossible to move in my tiny living room/photo studio with all the lights and stuff, but Lacey and her sis took it all in stride. I was VERY impressed! AND she agreed to do another shoot next week! Shocking!

The shoot was at 4:00 in the afternoon, which is the beginning of the golden hour in New Mexico. The sun slants in from the west, creating a golden glow across the landscape. It's absolutely beautiful. I shot inside, with the light streaming in from a picture window and the front door. I backlit the white wall with a soft box. Another soft box shone light from over my head down onto Lacey. A gold reflector reflected light from the window onto Lacey's face.

I liked the look of the shots, but the background is much too dark. I was going for a gray background to capture a more high-fashion or editorial look, but in hindsight, I'm realizing this look is not right for my shop. I need a crisp white background, I think, to make the products stand out and to make everything look clean and fresh. The shop is not the place for moody and brooding!

I shot up at Lacey, hoping to get a nice fashiony look, and I like it! I'm going to continue shooting from this angle...

Here are some of the shots (unedited except for size):

pink fringe scarf

orange fringe scarf

boho jacket

green gypsy jacket

batwing jacket

red butterfly jacket

wool infinity scarf

green silk scarf

green silk chiffon scarf

silk accent scarf

pink silk scarf

sparkly shawl

pink wedding stole

pink net scarf

white silk scarf

white silk fringe scarf

victorian piano scarf

white velvet scarf

purple silk scarf

orange silk scarf

pink net scarf

crop hippie jacket


light blue kimono jacket

light blue silk scarf

pink wedding shawl

purple tulle scarf

banjara scarf

red silk scarf

albuquerque fashion

fashion photo shoot

wool infinity scarf

white button cowl




No comments:

Post a Comment